Nic Yates chatted with Michael Alexander Hold, who spearheads innovation products and programmes for Global Savings Group (GSG).
The aim was to have an open chat in regards to trends GSG saw over Cyber Weekend, the development of app tracking within the affiliate and partner space from a publisher point of view, and any tips when looking towards Boxing Day and January Sales.
Some key insights include;
– GSG saw 2x as much traffic onsite than last year over Cyber Weekend across UK, US, DE and FR.
– 27% increase in promotions available year on year
– AOV decreased YoY; UK saw -5% , DE -6%, US -9%
– Travel was down 70% YoY. In UK however, travel contributed to 7% total sales on GSG platform which is a lot compared to other categories where GSG saw 2-3% contribution.
– Jewellery and beauty grew 87% YoY
– Technology saw 166% growth YoY
– 40% increase in-app transactions YoY.